Above: Elise & Joss reflect on their week 1 learning of location.
Each group will:
- Represent the different United States regions.
- Investigate, research, & explore the various types of geographical regions (e.g., location, landforms & water, climate, people & culture, and natural resources.) with the driving question (DQ) in mind.
- Participate in the Great Mail Race during location study
- As a team, students collaborate to create an informational text using an app or web 2.0 tool of choice (e.g., Book Creator, Google Slides, Glogster, etc.) of each of the geographical regions and how they influences our lives in Maine.
- As individuals, students write a persuasive essay on why one would visit their region of exploration.
- As individuals, students will write & video reflect on their learning.
- As a team, students are challenged to creatively use their research and develop an Amazing Race segment.
- As a class, students will present their final product and regional artifacts to another class as an Amazing Race challenge.
Feel free to view the entire unit & see the homework by pressing HERE.
Questions or comments are welcomed.
Follow us on Twitter - @MisterCLoranger