- Breakfast in the classroom is free and starts at 7:50am - 8:10am. Its VERY important the kiddos are here on time to eat breakfast and see what the day has in store for them. We cover important topics at breakfast and get our day started off right.
- Pictures are Friday! Stop in the main office if you need picture packets.
- Some were asking about classroom items... I did a big Staples run and bought the kids pencils, crayons, markers, etc. - the whole nine. I'm having everyone hold off on buying items so we don't waste money on items we don't need. For example, we'll be using digital portfolios versus notebooks. I'm trying to translate all of the work they do into meaningful real life application, and the notebook is becoming a thing of the past. That leads us nicely into our publishing...
- Our "Publishing" portion of the website is up and running! As we begin to add work, I'll let you know, and you can access at anytime. Check out the publishing page by clicking here.
- I try to be as transparent as possible and communicate what we're doing here at school. I want you to see into our classroom and see all that takes place. One way I do that is through Class Messenger. Those who have signed up will receive the pictures, videos, and fun clips at random. Please signed up here today if you haven't already. If you are unsure how to sign up, click here.
- Another way to follow us is via our Twitter account. OOB is such a small place on our global map. Through Twitter, we'll be connecting to classrooms from around the world to work on various projects. For example, we'll be "Blog Pals" with schools in Canada, Europe, Australia, The Caribbean, South America, and from all over the USA ! It will be an incredible cultural and learning experience for your kids. You don't need a Twitter account to follow us, however, feel free to make one and do that. Our Twitter page is MisterCLoranger (CLICK HERE) & you can also follow my personal teaching Twitter to learn more about my teaching at MisterCMaine (CLICK HERE).
- Lessons this week are focused on building knowledge of the "4 C's - Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, and Creation & Innovation." For the detailed lesson plan break down, click here.
- Thank you to all of those who sent in cleaning items... FYI - Clorox Wipes are my best friend! ;-)
- Its hot in our room! Send in fans if you have them! LOL
- Lastly, there are a few parents who have agreed to send iPads in with their kiddos. If you have an iPad or iPod Touch that you feel comfortable sending, I'm okay with that. I do have some paperwork for you to sign off on. Please see our 1:1 list of apps we're using by clicking here. Please call me at 632-2668 if you have further questions.
Thats it for now! Again, please feel free to contact me with any questions.